Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Bézier Masks

Bézier Masks

By default, the Pen tool creates Bézier shapes; learn the
keyboard shortcuts and you can fully edit a mask without
ever clicking anywhere except right on the mask.
I like to start by placing points at key transitions and corners,
without worrying about fi ne tuning the Béziers. Or, as
I draw a point, I can
. Shift-hold and drag to move the vertex
. Hold and drag out a Bézier tangent
before drawing the next point. Once I’ve completed a
basic shape, I can activate the Pen Tool (G) and
Click a point to delete it.
Click a segment between points to add a point.
Alt/Option-click on a point to enable the Convert
Vertex tool, which toggles Bézier handles; drag a point
with no handles to create them, or click a point with
handles to kill them.
Click a Bézier handle to break the handles and adjust
them independently.
Press the Shift key with the mouse still down to pull out
Bézier handles.
Ctrl/Cmd-click to toggle the Selection tool temporarily
(to move a point).
. Press the V key to activate the Selection tool. Pressing
the G key switches back to the Pen.
. Press F2 or Ctrl+Shift+A (Cmd+Shift+A) to deselect
the current mask and start a new one without switching
tools, leaving the Pen tool active.
Context-click on a mask path to change settings in the
Mask submenu. This includes all settings from the Timeline
as well as Motion Blur settings just for the mask
(optionally separate from the Layer). The Mask and Shape
Path submenu contains special options to close an open
shape, set the First Vertex (see later in this chapter) and
toggle Rotobeziers

No comments:

Post a Comment