Monday 18 February 2013

Draft a ‘Power of Attorney’


Question 25
Draft a ‘Power of Attorney’ by an assesse authorising a Chartered Accountant to appear
before Income-tax officer in respect of the pending taxation matter. (May-2008)
Answer
Power of Attorney to appear before Income Tax Authorities :
I/we…………….,residing at …………….hereby authorize…………,to represent me/my
firm/my family in connection with …………………..for the year……His statement and
explanation will be binding on me/us.
Place:
Date:                                                                                                        Signature
I,……….hereby declare that I am duly qualified to represent the above-mentioned person.
Place:
Date:
Address of Power of attorney holder Signature of Power of attorney holder
Question 26
State the various components which are required to draft a partnership deed.
(November-2008)
Answer
A written agreement of partnership is called partnership deed. A partnership deed can be
seen as comprising of the following components:

 Date of execution
 Names of partners
 Date of commencement
 Business of partnership
 Name of the partnership
 Place of business
 Duration of partnership
 Capital
 Interest on capital
 Sharing of Profits/ Losses
 Accounts
 Borrowing powers
 Bank accounts
 Variation clause
 Arbitration

No comments:

Post a Comment